It took a while to decide but I finally bit the bullet – I registered for Converge 2012. Of course this means that some of my nephews and nieces will go without Christmas presents but my professional development comes first 😉
(Okay okay, you know I’m only kidding).
With these conferences, when you look through the program, you really want to go to everything and not miss anything. I recall going to Converge some years ago and admittedly it was one of the more beneficial conferences because their workshops were ‘hands-on’ and they were more intimate than large scale conferences. Certainly there weren’t vendors flogging their products so this was a bonus.
Here’s what I’m thinking of attending. Of course, I may change my mind again next week.
Thursday 22 November 2012
- 11:30-12:30 Emerging Technology Showcase by Bronwyn Lapham and Kristena Gladman from eWorks
- 11:30-12:30 Open Source Synchronous Learning by Fred Dixon of BigBlueButton.org
- 1:30-2:30 Big Blue Button – Is there really an Open Source Alternative to Commercial Virtual Classrooms by Tim Morrissey of Trainspace Pty Ltd
- 1:30-2:30 Creating Blended Learning Strategies Using a Mentored Approach by Michael Gwyther and Sherrill Lyster of ACPET
- 1:30-2:30 App Sharing by Howard Errey of eWorks
Friday 23 November 2012
- 9:00-9:50: How do we Remember It All? The Skill of How to Find, Make Sense and Share and Use Learning Content by Joanne Norbury of eWorks
- 10:00-10:50: Flipping the Classroom by Ken Johnson of Victoria University
- 1:00-1:50: Scale and VET, Massive Delivery in the Age of MOOCs and NBN by Howard Errey, Michael Coghlan of eWorks and TAFE SA
During the conference, I’ll be tweeting using the #Converge12 hashtag and gather any resources and references and post it on my blog for your reference.